Brethren Village offers a memory support program designed to enhance Residents’ comfort by creating an environment promoting choice and evoking pleasant memories through familiar schedules and surroundings. We understand Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and we strive to enhance the lives of those seniors who make their home here as well as their family members through kindness, compassion and a thorough understanding of the challenges memory loss presents.
Our memory support neighborhood is designed to ensure feelings of safety and security, while our team provides tailored care and specialized interactive activities to fit individual needs and preferences. We believe those with memory loss deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, and we encourage Residents in our program to participate in many areas of life, joining in as much as possible. The Team Members in memory support take the time to learn the history of each resident, resulting in a nurturing bond that goes beyond basic caregiving.
The Personal Care Memory Support monthly fee includes the following services and amenities:
- 24-hour secured memory support neighborhood with emergency call and response systems
- Caring and dedicated health care professionals with special memory care training, 24-hour supervision
- Three chef-prepared meals daily by our Dining Services team
- Neighborhood sensory room, offering a quiet setting for sensory-integration therapy to occur
- Secured, outdoor garden courtyard and indoor solarium
- Oversight by medical director and registered dietitian
- Personalized memory support plan
- Assistance with the activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and personal grooming
- Priority access to the continuum of care
- Medication monitoring and administration
- Access to The Courtyards Therapy Suite, including speech, occupational and physical therapies
- On-site medical suite providing physician services, flu vaccine clinics and laboratory services
- Alzheimer’s support group
- Recreational, cultural, social, therapeutic and educational enrichment activities
- Wellness programs and access to campus fitness centers and classes
- Weekly housekeeping, personal laundry, flat linen service and trash removal services
- Scheduled campus shuttle transportation for on/off campus events and venues
- Real estate taxes and utilities (cable television, Internet, and phone available for additional fee)
- Year-round property maintenance including lawn care and snow removal
- Fully monitored automatic fire/smoke/heat detection, smoke evacuation and sprinkler systems
- Aquatics programs in our heated indoor, year-round pool and hot tub
- Interdenominational chapel and pastoral services
- Village library, creative arts room, and wood workshop
- On-campus Resident flower and vegetable gardens
- Access to 27-seat theater room for movie and TV screenings
Brethren Village also offers a monthly dementia support group.
We know that caring for loved ones with dementia can be challenging, but you are not alone. Our monthly dementia support group provides families and caregivers with the tools they need, including education, practical suggestions, behavioral advice and even a little stress relief. View our event calendar for specific dates and times, as well as other helpful events and seminars.
For more information on Personal Care Memory Support, or to tour our Central PA facility, please Contact Us or call our Admissions Office at 717-581-4438.